Thread: blood quantum
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
kgirl7
Hola!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDove View Post
here's my problem I was told by boh sides of my family that we were native by my grandparents well I traced my 5th great grandmother on my dads side and it just says Native American or American Indian no nation my skin is white and I have Blue Eyes was told we are Cherokee and Souix found the surname of my mothers side on the Bakers Rolls only got the wrong names told to me about my great grandparents only got their middles names so for years I have been searching and not getting anywhere in a previous statement it was said that what nation claims you where do I fit in no nation claims me and how much blood quantum is considered see things saying just one drop dunno tired of running around in circles on the outside I am white on the inside my heart is native what do I do?
This would be a bit easier to understand if you had punctuation, but I'll try.

First you can't be "native on the inside" if you don't know what being native is. You have documented Native American ancestry for sure, but how can you be something you know nothing about? Most people who say this rely on stereotypical or romanticized notions of what Native people are like.

You might not have a nation yet, but you have a family! You said you traced your 5th great grandmother? Perhaps you can find more family members as a result of this search that can help you track down more information. Same for the name you found on the Baker's roll. Even if you don't find out any tribal information you will have found tons of family members and I think that is a great thing!