View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #20
subeeds
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
I know I'm about to speak blasphemy, but...what is "pone?" I know it's food, but other than that I have no idea what it is!
Sweet potato pone is a lot different than what's made with cornmeal.
Sweet potato pone is as follows:
You need one sweet potato for each person. The original receipe I had said to grate them. I did that once. Now, I just cut them into small pieces. After you cut them up, mix some real butter and brown sugar in with them. I use about 1 tbls. brown sugar for each potato. I make mine in a 3 quart casserole, so I use about 2 1/2 sticks of softened butter. Bake it at 350 for about an hour to an hour and a half. I stick a fork in a few of the potato pieces to see if they are done. Then, top with small marshmallows and set it back in the oven to melt them over the top.
This is a variation on something an aunt of mine used to make. She was a Southern cook to the core, so I think this is an old Southern dish. LOL!

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook