View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:47 AM   #34
Scabbraidz
The Shamed One

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Scabbraidz has a reputation beyond repute
Scabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond reputeScabbraidz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadenia View Post
Ok, so I have been away from the forums for a long while. I've had many things happen in my life these past 7 months. After searching for a long while my animal totem has finally revealed itself to me and I'm excited to share. The Sparrow Hawk is my totem. I can't believe I didnt see it before, but as usual I wasn't paying attention. It came to me in my dream when I asked the creator to please give me guidance to my totem. I knew there were many things I need/needed to learn. I'm just excited that just a few minutes ago I discovered my totem. Many things to learn :)
Animal Totems? Reminds me of some NW Coast tribes. But I don't think "animal totems" are a Cherokee thing. I know Cherokee's have a zodiac/horoscope. They aren't the same thing though. Cherokee's are a stomp dance or Green Corn tribe, ennit? Well, I know Okie Cherokee's are anyway. Don't know about Eastern Cherokee's.

I think you really need to find out which exact Cherokee tribe/band you're descended from. Maybe take a visit to the Eastern Cherokee rez in NC or OK Cherokee Nation HQ in Tahlequah, OK; whichever one you find out you're descended from or maybe both!
Then learn about REAL Cherokee culture; like actually seek out Cherokee tribal members that are knowledgeable in Cherokee culture/language/etc. Learn about your tribe first and foremost!!

Remember, theres a lot of scammers/plastic shamans/new-agers out there that say or think they know everything about Cherokee culture or Native Americans as a whole... These type of people will take bits and pieces from a certain tribe(s) culture/religion and distort it into something false or outrageous. Many of these phonies even try to profit off of their scabby, greedy, ways. Sadly, the Cherokee tribe seems to be one of the tribes that gets this *******ized treatment the most. People like yourself(sorry I have to say it), that don't really have a good strong tie to their tribe, tend to fall for the romanticized Indian "new-age" bo-log-na.
Thats why I'm telling you to learn about your tribe first and everything else can come later.
An also, thats why a lot of the replies you got came off a certain way. That and Native Americans have a unique sense of humor; we like to tease! An if you've got Ndee relatives, its worse! LOL.
Scabbraidz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook