View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #55
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
Well the funny part was the guy himself did not even know what tribe his people are from and only recently looking for his native side.

The people in that video is actually the Federal Eastern Band of Cherokee. If he asked where the REAL Indians are to them in person they would of pulled out a Federal Recognigtion card on him.

Town Creek mound is actually on the Sara/Cheraw (Siouan speakers) historical land which was the neighbors to the Cherokee. I'd say it's around a 1 to 1 and a half hr drive from the Cherokee reservation. The Sara/Cheraw was incorparted into the Saponi tribe at Fort Christanna, where their children was held as hostages in the Virginia boarding school of the 1720 time frame.

Many of the locals have shortened it to just "creek".
I lived in NC for almost three decades. I know a lot of the dancers who traveled from Florida to New York. I know many of the dancers from Cherokee. Will, Beaver, Antonio, blah, blah, blah.

I did not recognize any of those dancers in the Town Creek video. Why did they go get a drum from Virginia when Stoney Creek, Southern Sons, Red Wolf, the drum from Fayettville (some of the kids of the original Running Water Singers), Kau-ta-nohs (sp) all live REAL close to Mt. Gilead? Hope you don't say it's bcause Eastern Bull is a better drum.

Don't be putting the people from Cherokee or any of the tribes from NC in the Town Creek mix. Look at the dancers. They are mostly white people. That 'powwow' was always known as a hobbyist powwow.

Now go and look at that video. Those boys from Qualla Boundry only break out the biggest, baddest eagle feathers and beadwork. The dancers in the video are wearing turkey feathers! Now tell me how sacred the turkey is to the Cherokees.

ECBN...you got a lot to learn about being an NDN...cuz u sure can't get over on one with all this smoke you are blowing.

Why aren't you happy being what your mama and daddy raised you?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 12-25-2011 at 01:46 PM..