View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #57
wyo_rose
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
@CandaePrincess: You'd be mad at me then! I am very overweight, but don't have diabetes. Most of my family has it, except my little brother. In fact my dad suffered with severe symptoms for many years.

I attribute that fact, and my great cholesterol profile, to eating low carb (most of the time) for the past 7 years, and some GOOD LUCK. I know my luck can't hold out, so I need to get serious about losing weight.

@APACHEFIRE: Your food choices look pretty good, with just a few exceptions, if you don't mind me saying.

Any dried fruits have a LOT of sugar in them, as does pineapple. Apple and oranges have a moderate amount...too much for a diabetic, I would say. Better choices are strawberries, and most other fresh berries, and most melons.

Potatoes and yams are pure starch = carbohydrates = sugar. I put turnips and peeled radishes in with our roast beef yesterday, and nobody noticed there were no potatoes in there.

Corn tortillas and english muffins are not only loaded with carbs, but trans-fats as well. An occasional corn tortilla is probably ok, especially if it's made with lard.

Mission brand makes some awesome low carb flour tortillas, even whole wheat ones. They have trans-fats, but are great for enchiladas or tacos.

@myself: why is it that I can preach about it, and eat right most of the day, then fall off the wagon...WAY OFF!!??!!