View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #58
APACHEFIRE
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MENTION=4752
wyo_rose;1505429]APACHEFIRE Your food choices look pretty good, with just a few exceptions, if you don't mind me saying.

Any dried fruits have a LOT of sugar in them, as does pineapple. Apple and oranges have a moderate amount...too much for a diabetic, I would say. Better choices are strawberries, and most other fresh berries, and most melons.

Potatoes and yams are pure starch = carbohydrates = sugar. I put turnips and peeled radishes in with our roast beef yesterday, and nobody noticed there were no potatoes in there.

Corn tortillas and english muffins are not only loaded with carbs, but trans-fats as well. An occasional corn tortilla is probably ok, especially if it's made with lard.

Mission brand makes some awesome low carb flour tortillas, even whole wheat ones. They have trans-fats, but are great for enchiladas or tacos.

@myself: why is it that I can preach about it, and eat right most of the day, then fall off the wagon...WAY OFF!!??!!
YEAH, i dont eat all that much dried fruit, except for when i need a fast sugar snack. I acutally have been having problems with sugars dropping too low. its when ever i do exercise, housework or go out shopping. otherwise they stay fairly “average”. my problem the nurse says, is that i dont eat enough carbs. **laughin** so thats why i eat the potatoes now and then, corn tortillas or bread. my protiens are good, veggies, fruits. i just have to carry those fiber bars or dried fruit with me and snack just before i workout. i forgot to mention i am at the PT for 4 hours, and i really need to snack every two.

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook