View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #776
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
It is a well known fact that the gourd dance is a Man's Society dance. It is also a well known fact that the Kiowa people re-instituted this traditional men's society dance. What many people are missing out on is that, 1) Our Women have their roles in this Society. 2) This dance has history in some other tribal cultures, the Kiowas simply restarted it. 3) some other Tribes were given the rights to practice this traditional society man's dance. 4) NO one owns a society or any other tradition. We can only state that this is a Tradition that our Tribe has practiced for as long as man can know. 5)This is a very silly arguement since this Traditional Society dance has leaked out to the rest of the NDN world and practiced, generally misunderstood and misused, without proper education. I know that I was taught for some time prior to my proper introduction. Many are argueing mute points of different tenets of these ways. Our history does change daily since we are a living culture,cultures. Any living document is written in pencil since it can change when ever necessary. I believe this is somewhat what Zeke is trying to get across. I know that many of our Kiowa peoples want to keep this as only a Kiowa society but, sorry, it has already escaped. Don't forget that your Southern Cheyenne "friends" have also claimed this dance as theirs in a long time ago past.

Apachefire, loosen up and be NDN. We like to joke and have fun even when we are serious. I've seen Zeke in some precarious situations and joke with him about it and still be very good friends. He is NDN and very educated. He is young and has many very progressive thoughts. Again, I want to point out that he DOES come from very PROMINENT Tribal family blood lines.

Thank you all ro allowing me to ramble, Josiah I look forward to being allowed to dance with you again sometime. It is always a pleasure to visit and dance with you.