View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM   #171
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Soon Joseph was seeking out the other descendants in a attempt to reclaim their Native heritage, consulting with many other established tribes in the Southeastern United States and asking for guidance led to him founding the Manahoac Saponi Mattamuskeet Nation. Joseph Newman is often found comparing notes with many other researchers of the South Eastern Native American communities.
I forgot, our young warrior (if the above CV is indeed him) also foundedhis own nation no less. Josiah, do you know anything on this group's activities?

I also noted, as I suspected a few posts ago, that our young warrior makes tenuous connections to ancestors that he is not directly descended from such as aunts and in laws. I have an aunt that is from the Carrier Nation - she married my mother's brother. However, that does mot make me a Carrier descendant - their children yes and no matter how much I connect the dots to her, I will never be a Carrier descendant. Our young warrior seems to connect the dots to relations that are not his to claim but does it anyway.

If you also note from the above CV, it is designed to impress you by the massive amount of name dropping. He lived beside so and so, was taught by so and so etc. The really sad thing is if you were to remove that text that references all those other people there's not much left of his own life's accomplishments to boast about.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a fraud or fake Indian, I'd just leave it at his claims are dubious at best and his statements/claims are made on the backs of other people's work and lives. And we all know that one never makes a claim for something that is not ours to claim... it's not in any of our ways to do that. That is what makes our young warrior such a sad creature in his efforts to emulate our ways, he has done what many before him have done. Got it wrong.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.