View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #191
Zeke
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Arrow The TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
I was actually surprised How many tribes have gone to Lineage and not just Quantum.
Not me, it's inevitable for every tribe who desires to survive.

In general (big caveat), those are tribes from the East, are in Oklahoma, were militarily defeated many decades before more western tribes who are -- today -- the quantum Nazis, and represent the likely future for those nations.
  1. The bloodline is going to get weaker.
  2. Old ways will be supplanted by new.
  3. Leadership will have to redefine itself.
  4. Folks will have to evolve or face Natural Selection.
Step One, is confronting fear of change. Step Two, is ditching quantum.

That's why I laugh at people who say things like "Harrumph! This is the way it is with [insert broken English] my people. We will continue our ways. It is as it has always been and always shall be..."

The very second you utter such, you brand yourself as an exceptionally short-sighted and less than intelligent human who lives in a delusional world. (Go see the Gourd Dance thread for such foolishness.)

Why?

Because it's already happened a hundred (or more) times. The same speeches, the same aversion to reality, the same posturing, the same embarrassing rhetoric, the same inevitability... It happened to EACH of the tribes listed in the prior post.

Just because geography dictated a later critical mass for you (colloquial "you," not directing) and yours doesn't make you special, you're just behind the curve in terms of perceiving the handwriting on the wall: not only WILL there be change, you neither control it, can predict it or influence it.

To survive, you'll adapt.

The above folks have started the process.

What's the alternative? To be KiowKat and have grandchildren that can't legally produce "Native made" goods by virtue of her own ludicrously stupid quantum/recognition supporting hand.

How smart does that sound to you?