View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #282
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
Actually Tattoo's are somethng I know about and actually is one of the things I have spent alot of time studying. My friends have tattoo shops in Atlanta California and North Carolina. I used to design a ton of tattoo flash however tattoo flash does not pay much. Actually quite a few tribes believe tattoo's played a key role in the afterlife, where if your body was not marked with the right designs then you would not be recognized and your be sent to earth to wonder forever. When the missionaries came here they told the tribes that tattoo's was bad and the tradtion started dying out. I've even looked at some of john white's sketches from 1587 and alot of the designs o their bodies look to small to be body paint and they actually remind me of a tapped in style of inking, probally with fish bone and ashe. Now days we have access to plastic polymor based pigments which makes a very brighter and lucid coloring and almost no fadeing at all, creates more of a bump under the skin. Also red plastic polymore based pigment does not have the alergic reation like the red metal oxide based pigment.

So yeah Tattoo's is something I have knowledge of. I actually have had some ink tapped in myself.

--And yes, we have all heard the stories from people like you that your entire family left/hid/ran away to avoid the relocation. But not to find one single relative that decided to take his/her family to be relocated seems odd. Especially when entire families/groups pop up a century later.--

My people never ran or hid anywhere, I've done stated that numerous times, That whole story started by the eastern band of Cherokee, they are who started that myth. Any indians that stayed was fully allowed to, only they had to agree to follow State laws and to no longer fight with white settlers, You had to agree to give up "indian" law. I have actually seen zero evidence that the eastern band of cherokee hide or ran anywhere either since the location they was are sorrounded by white settlers.

As for my kinfolk, I have already stated that many times, All the tribes in NC, VA, SC, TEnn, Kentucky, Ohio, and some even in Maryland all are connected to each other thru family trees. In fact the collins family is in about 70 percent of the tribes in those areas.

There is even Collins who made it as far away as the Paiutes.

This is how we know who is real and who is fake, by names. Like if someone came to me and said they descend from a south eastern tribe, I'd ask which surnames they have and most of the time I know which group they come from. Take a look at cherokee communties of the south, it covers all the north carolina families. If a person's family not in that document and they claim north carolina native descent then they probally fake.
Since you failed to answer the question I'll dumb it down for you. Do you have any relatives or a branch of your kin that are now federally enrolled? A simple yes or no will suffice.

As for your tattooing experience - you still should not speak of things you know nothing about. Are you Haida now? Stealing and copying designs that do not belong to you, your family, your clan or your house does not make you an expert. Making up designs and calling them Haida does not make them Haida. Only a Haida can make a design and call it Haida anyone else is making whatever their ethnic background is. Don't your own ancestors have their own designs you can exploit? If you want to keep calling line form tattoos Haida.. then all it makes you a culture vulture.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Last edited by yaahl; 01-01-2012 at 10:19 AM..