View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #298
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSN View Post
So now your saying anyone who gets a tattoo is haida lol
Actually Tattooing started in other countries before America, america actually aquired Tattooing much later than the rest of the world. The first tattoo was actually started in caveman times thru a burnt stick in a fire poking the human skin.

As for federally enrolled, this has been answered plenty of times, This is not canada and this is not mexico, this is the USA, only just a handful of tribes is federal, most of the federal tribes are all out west, mainly because they was being contacted much later. Another big reason there is barely anyfederal tribes on the east coast is because their land treaties was with England, the usa people fought and broke free from england thus it pretty much voided all land treaties these east coast tribes had. Only the ones who made land treaties with the non england ran government was able to aquire federal recognigtion. The oldest reservation in america is the Pamunkey who to this day live on that reservation yet they are only state recognized.

There is only one tribe in Nother carolina that is federal, none in Virginia, none in Georgia, none in Ohio, I think only one in South Carolina (the catawba), Alabama has one that I know of, it is like this all up the east coast in the USA. Some has aquired state recognigtion but all that really says is your a "heritage group" and legally you can't even sell art and crafts etc saying is was indian made. You can be full blood indian and still not be able to be recognized as indian if you came from a tribe that did a land treaty with england. So pretty much all the first tribes contacted lost right to their heritage and culture and even their race simply because the White and black citizens of the USA broke free from England. Our government refuses to acknowledge us for that fact. Which is why I among many others want to push for a seperate recognigtion for the non recognized native descendants so that we can still freely continue our heritage and culture. The federal groups are allowed to continue representing their tribes and ancestors so we should have that same right. Whats crazy is they actually used us to fight england to get that freedom they have. If it was not for us East coast tribes then england would still own the land here. But how do they repay us? By stealing our heritage and trying to get us to disown our ancestors. This is supposed to be the land of the free yet it is not for East coast native descendants.

People from other countries are allowed to come here and do their festivals, sel their art and crafts, allowed to freely represent all these other countries, but when it comes to us, nope we can't and we are the people originally here. This is my basis behind wanting to unite all non recognized descendants into one voice so that one day there will be a different recognigtion for us. We don't want land, do not want money, we just want the freedom or our heritage and culture without people harassing.
Once again I see the wheel turning but the hamster appears to be dead....

Quote:
From post #211 Next time your around the people who has been trying to bring the Haida tattoo traditions back further, remember to repeat what you said.
You brought up the point of Haida Tattooing. If you're not a Haida creating the tattoo, then it can't be a Haida tattoo... it's simply a rip off of a Haida line form drawing or at the least a design by the non-Haida person. So alluding to you are working on bringing back Haida Tattooing is erroneous unless you happen to be a Haida. As far as your own experiences with doing inking, if you ink with the same lack of attention to detail as you write, I pity your customers as they may have issues with simple words spelled correctly by you. (wondering to myself how many of this clown's clients have "Your My Love" etc on their arm/chest when they really wanted, "You're My Love".)

Now, you do realize that line form drawing is not exclusive of just the Haida? Lumping all of the line form drawing into one group and calling it Haida is just bad research on your part. I tried to warn you that you were speaking about things you didn't know about... but you insisted on running your mouth off. Out of the approximately 185 FNs who use line drawing as their unique art form, Haida is just one of many. I can tell the difference between the Tribe's works.. I doubt you can.

I've also read what inkers like to say about "Tribal/Haida" ink designs.. biggest load of crap ever spun just to sell a tat. You have proven over and over again that you simply regurgitate other people's work with little or no comprehension by yourself as to what you are repeating. Your tattooing speech is another example of your inability to understand what you have read but you'll brazen through it anyway and keep spinning that wheel with the dead hamster.

So reading your over inflated response to the question "do you have any family/kin that are federally enrolled anywhere"... is a resounding - No. So you are setting out that in all of your family connections not one single person that you are kin with relocated to OK? You see, it's that lack of detail that causes people reading your cut and pastes to question the accuracy of it. But hey, this is your fantasy not ours.

Hey JD, I was away for a while because hubby and I went ice fishing... I caught 5 nice size brookies. Getting them ready to go into the smoker.

TT, thanks for looking out for my little issue with milk products... LOL

Now about that pie?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.