Thread: IACA ReDux
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #67
NorthofAda
Back where I belong

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
I googled the virus fix and they gave 3 fake codes to fool it onto thinking ur buying it. I used the third code and it went through. I was able to run BitDefender ISS, then do a system restore after the FULL SCAN. Worked for me.

Did it on someone else's and it worked on theirs too.
The kids got that on their computer a couple of weeks ago. I tried the fake codes, but none of them worked. Tried a virus scan and somehow one of the .dll files got corrupted. I wound up just scrubbing the whole system and reloading the OS. Thank goodness for Carbonite - got all their files restored and reloaded without a hitch.

TT, anybody else, if you don't have Carbonite, you should. It runs in the background and periodically backs up your data - not your programs, but you data like documents, pictures, music etc. If you ever have a hard drive die or have to rebuild your system for any reason, you can restore all your critical files with a few mouse clicks. It's $59 for a year, (you get extra 2 months free your first year) and it's worth every penny. Not meaning to sound like a commercial here, but check it out, anyway.
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook