Thread: IACA ReDux
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #97
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely View Post
Provenance of work only comes in when it is a antique, if work is antique then the IACA does not come into the selling of a work. Proving something is antique is not as hard as it seems.
Provenance is not exclusive to antiques. Artists produce certificates of provenance when they sell their work. It is a record of who has had ownership of the piece and lends itself to the originality of the work. Artists who use students or apprentice in their studio set out in their certs of Provenance that they either worked on the piece themselves or they list off who also worked on it. Along with certs of Provenance, are gallery labels and show documentation.

Provenience is the precise location where an artifact or archaeological sample was recovered archaeologically.

When I sell a painting, I file a copyright registration, complete a cert of provenance, a gallery history, photographs of the work, any insurance information and a complete list of where the piece has been shown. I also make sure the buyer is aware of licensing restrictions, reproduction restrictions and conservation requirements. My paintings are not antiques ..well not yet anyway...lol
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook