View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #32
Toolbox
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
You know why that is? We found out 'cause the dog I've been talking about was Shepherd, doberman with a little lab in him and he had the doberman markings so many mistook him for a doberman. We found out that the breeders of the Rots and Dobs, and a few other's, will over bread them and as generations are born their skulls shrink and don't grow when their brains do so when they get older they tend to snap and attack anyone including their own people. This came straight from the vet and then the Insurance agent confirmed it. So if you get a mixed breed, they are just as protective, but don't have the same problems. I found that out the hard/easy way.LOL
I never new that about the over breeding but I can see that as being true. That is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post
If someone comes late at night and you don't have a loaded firearm under your pillow, mattress or right at hand, you may not have a chance to use it. I had a new baby and was attacked in my sleep (you know how deep you sleep when you finally get a chance to, you get woke up so much). I pulled the murderous sob off my husband and threw him across the room and went at him with a ferocious scream I was gonna rip his eyeballs out he ran in terror, and this was while I was wounded, he thought I was dead. Shotgun in the closet, ammo on the shelf. Never thought to get it. Adrenaline is a great thing, I have no doubt I would have killed the guy with my bare hands at 104 pounds. I was mad, my husband was unconscious.

Any type of dog that barked could have provided much more protection and I could've armed myself or he might have just took off before harming us. Oh, and dogs love kids because they drop food. Drop more food and your dog will love you more!!! My chihuahuas hate kids. Love me though. I thought about getting an army of them instead of a big dog. They know who brings home the dog chow.
A big thumbs up for you for defending yourself without a firearm. I would still keep a loaded, not cocked, 9mm or 45, or maybe a Tokarev (30 caliberish) in my night stand... until the day I have kids running around.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook