View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #38
trouble
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
We've always had guns-safely-even when my son was small. He was taught gun safety at an early age-a lot of kids here are. He also saw what that little tiny bullet could do. My husband shot a possum that was getting in the chickens, with a hollow point .22. My son was 5 at the time and he saw the exit wound that bullet made. He learned that day that guns aren't like what he saw on TV and that even little bullets could kill. We did always keep them out of his reach, though.

Excellent example...my daddy was taught at an extremely young age too, when his daddy shot a snake that was between his legs as he walked across a log..

That's been the example in our family for years...when daddy speaks you listen-- you do not question-- you just do --immediately without thinking , no ifs ands or buts....BECUASE IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE ONE DAY, and
GUNS ARE MADE FOR KILLING, nothing else...they are not there for show, they are not there to brag about, they are not shiny things to take out and play with....they are tools made to kill, whether that be for food , sustenance for your livelihood, or in self defense...

Teaching children from BIRTH, in my humble opinion LOL, gun safety , and rules is without a doubt one of the most valuable bits of knowledge you can impart upon your children.....we learned, from birth it seemed, and my brothers and I all have a healthy respect for weapons of all types, .....they are "tools" to us in essence, and as such, are treated with respect and awareness of what their "job" is......

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Last edited by trouble; 01-09-2012 at 08:20 AM..
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook