View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #39
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
yep. I second the pigster.
When I first moved down here I called the cops for someone on my property. The dispatcher had an odd tone in her voice as she asked me "well- do you have any ammo? Shoot if they move! Then she gave me a sidenote...just be sure your kids are in and it's not your dog."
I thought I had moved to Mars.
Today I fully understand that tone in her voice.
TRANSLATION? what the [email protected] are you calling us for? shoot first then call if there's a body!" LOL!!!

Desert rule of thumb
If the snakes and mountain lions don't get 'em,good for them!
But if they get past the dogs,.
After reading some of the posts on here... I feel like *I live on Mars*...lol

The only time I've ever felt anixiety ridden fear was when we were in the middle of a high profile case and the entire court had been threatened. I didn't think anything of it as in my day-to-day job I have some idiot threatening me with something. So I go home that night, get ready to take the dogs out and sitting at the end of my driveway was a black sedan... so off I go for a walk. Then I notice the car is following me, and I walk faster and the car follows faster, I start to run (which the dogs now are going... "Are you going to let us pee or what?") and the car speeds up. Then I start sprinting home and the car follows even faster. The dogs by now are really annoyed at me because they all have had to pee on the run, my big boy was now running as if he needed to dry out his underbelly...

I crash into the house with dogs in tow and hubby is "What's the matter?" so I huff and puff out an answer that a big black car has been following me and is parked outside... "go call the police!" I wheeze.

So hubby is on the phone to 911 and I hear him laughing... laughing! I'm about to have heart failure from all this and he is on the phone with 911 - laughing, not a .."yeah my silly wife"... kind of chuckle but the belly jiggling, tear streaming kind of laughter that you get when someone tells you a good joke. Here's my big, tough army dude husband.. is is reaching for the rifles?nope, is he grabbing the baseball bat? nope... he's on the phone with 911 laughing...

Seems the joke was, the car was an umarked police car send around to watch the house because of the threats at court (all the court had a car by their homes). Problem was, they forgot to tell me. So hubby is laughing that he's calling the police about the police in the driveway and the dispatch had radioed the car in my driveway to ask if there was any issues... do you see where this is going? The cop replied the only problem he could see is that I don't walk slow enough to let the dogs pee properly, he told them to tell me to walk slower.

Now see if you guys had had that happen to you, you'd all just bust out the guns and ask questions later..lol
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook