View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
I don't know if you're a museum person or not, or when you'll be taking your road trip, but in the Tulsa area:

Philbrook Art Museum, Tulsa
Besides their regular collections, from February 5 - April 15, 2012 will be exhibiting:

Black on Black & White - The Southwest of Laura Gilpin and Maria Martinez

Focusing, of course, on Gilpin's photography and Martinez' pottery.

I've always loved Philbrook - both the exhibits, as well as the preserved part of the villa and the back gardens. I took many an art class at Philbrook back in the day.

+++++++++++++++++++

Gilcrease Museum, Tulsa

Besides the regular collection of Western and Native American art..

December 4 - April 1

Peace Medals: Symbols of Influence and Prestige in North America

An exhibit of "peace medals" given to NDN tribes in the 18th and 19th Centuries.

February 2012 - April 29, 2012

Woody at 100: Woody Guthrie Centential Celebration

+++++++++++++++++

Sherwin Miller Museum of Jewish Art, Tulsa

They have a major collection of Judaica from around the world, as well as a Holocaust Museum section, and another section on the history of Jews in Oklahoma.

++++++++++++++++

Will Rogers Museum, Claremore

If ya have an interest in Will Rogers, it's worth checking out.

++++++++++++++++

If you're gonna be by Meers, OK, stop by the Meers Store and Restaurant. The best hamburgers in Oklahoma, and according to Bon Appetit, one of the best burgers in the country.
Tulsa is a bit off the Trail from OKC about 1 1/2 hours up I-44

Meers is Straight Down I-44 about 1 1/2 hours
LOL

So Stop in OKC and have the best damn Steak any where its Called Cattlemans and you cant go wrong its just off I40 at Agnew Ave go south about a mile. Try the T-bone now thats a Steak!!!
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook