View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
xTekno
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
I don't know if you're a museum person or not, or when you'll be taking your road trip, but in the Tulsa area:

Philbrook Art Museum, Tulsa
Besides their regular collections, from February 5 - April 15, 2012 will be exhibiting:

Black on Black & White - The Southwest of Laura Gilpin and Maria Martinez

Focusing, of course, on Gilpin's photography and Martinez' pottery.

I've always loved Philbrook - both the exhibits, as well as the preserved part of the villa and the back gardens. I took many an art class at Philbrook back in the day.

+++++++++++++++++++

Gilcrease Museum, Tulsa

Besides the regular collection of Western and Native American art..

December 4 - April 1

Peace Medals: Symbols of Influence and Prestige in North America

An exhibit of "peace medals" given to NDN tribes in the 18th and 19th Centuries.

February 2012 - April 29, 2012

Woody at 100: Woody Guthrie Centential Celebration

+++++++++++++++++

Sherwin Miller Museum of Jewish Art, Tulsa

They have a major collection of Judaica from around the world, as well as a Holocaust Museum section, and another section on the history of Jews in Oklahoma.

++++++++++++++++

Will Rogers Museum, Claremore

If ya have an interest in Will Rogers, it's worth checking out.

++++++++++++++++

If you're gonna be by Meers, OK, stop by the Meers Store and Restaurant. The best hamburgers in Oklahoma, and according to Bon Appetit, one of the best burgers in the country.
@RDNKJ, awesome, I love museums!!

This one might be very interesting:

Peace Medals: Symbols of Influence and Prestige in North America
An exhibit of "peace medals" given to NDN tribes in the 18th and 19th Centuries.
February 2012 - April 29, 2012

Certainly, food is going to be a very major part of this journey!!

Thank you!!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook