View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #39
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNKJ View Post
Well, she didn't necessarily mean just physically.

Grandma was blessed with incredible physical health. But she also stayed young mentally until the end.

I remember once when I was a kid, and I'd seen something about "The Roaring 20's" on TV. It occurred to me that Grandma would've been a young woman at that time. So I asked my Dad if Grandma had been a flapper in the 20's. My Dad's answer:

Well...if anyone flapped, your grandmother did!

She was having fun and looking for her next boyfriend until the end.

She was a city girl, so she wasn't going out and bagging moose. But she was doing all her yardwork, mowing the lawn (push mower), going out dancing, flirting with the men...
The trouble is when you have an older generation that remained active up until the end.. they are a hard act to follow... LOL I told my husband there is no way I am working until I'm in my 90s...I've seen too many doddery senior partners who can't remember where they left their teeth let alone where they left their clients..lol

Now that most Canadian provinces have done away with mandatory retirement ages, I do see people working longer because they want to or need to work. As it stands now, the military doesn't make you leave until 60... by the time I get near there, the age will probably be closer to 70...lol I suspect 70 will be the new 40 by then...lol
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook