View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #90
Tibiki Kinew
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
[QUOTE=The problem is not that when folks RE-connect they are treated bad. The problem is folks trying to connect to something that is not there. In all honesty, I would rather someone who has 1/128 blood just come out and be honest and say, look, somewhere in the wood pile, there is native, but it's so far down the line it's more like kindling, but I'm curious as to what the life and culture and heritage is like. Unfortunately that's not how it goes, you know that, you've seen it on here. That's all I'm saying. And the other thing is, is that I wish we could just break this romanticized Hollywood fairytale that folks think it is to be native. It's tough being Native, and that's just that. Anyway I'm done.[/QUOTE]

gotta say my 2 cents worth here,,, my wife and daughter are both Cherokee and were told they were black irish to avoid conflicts! They grew up wondering and feeling lost. I Married Falcon Rising in november of 2010 and took time with her and Flying Raven.... yes both members here... Christine was hinted at that she was Cherokee when she was a child, her mom never went outside to keep her skin white as possible so as not to loose the homestead. Katie (flying raven), came to see me and felt lost,,, she started dancing and it came to her so fast and natural that she KNEW where home was. Since then both have been digging and found their true roots, Cherokee from North Carolina where Katie now lives,,, she married her childhood friend Jon... also Cherokee... however even though I married Christine it still doesn't make me one... but it does show total respect and apreciation to the heritage! So to any of you that read this,, this is only one of the reasons I defend what I have been doing for so long,,, showing honour and respect for my friends and relations, not because I WANT to be. I grew up in a very tuff time....racism was everyday rampant and degrading,,, being raised in two homes made my life wierd... then having dad in the forces and showing me parts of europe made me wonder even more... I came home, disapointed in humans in general and when I went back to the reserve in Pikwakangan I started to come alive again,, there was no way to explain it in simple words or even detail... I was home was all I could think. People that really know me for who I am are in my circle and do believe I am what I am,... adopted very young and have found my home. I am lost without the circle. So to one and all have a good day.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook