View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #91
comadre
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
@Josiah got me thinking about a few things he said. He made genealogy seem interesting. So I looked up my hubby's family on the rolls. Pretty neat stuff! Found the Miller,Chapman, and Dawes rolls online and found the family along with notes. What got real interesting was that I could see them on several rolls.As I looked at dates and rolls and territories I could literally see the history of a family unfold right there on paperwork. kinda neat. I called my mother in law to tell her about it and she thought it was neat as well.One can literally see where the families were moved and relocated.Well- nothing neat about that part. It was real sad however to see the list of orphans. It made me stop and wonder if these orphans lost their parents along the trail during removal.If you sit before that history on paper- it's as if you can close your eyes and watch history unfold.I've never done that before.(We European breeds keep our stuff in bibles.Lol.)
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook