View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #93
comadre
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
That is exactly why I do what I do. It is as if you can sit and see them when you close your eyes. I work in the Rolls on a daily basis and I love it totally. I do it all the time and love to watch it unfold before my eyes. That's the best part.
what touched me were the children that would show up at a roll station orphaned and yet they would be with other adults and other families who cared for their needs. Here is what I saw.Nothing less than a beautiful portrayal of native men and women caring for the children.
And it is just like native families even today.
I think so often on this board we talk and yell and even joke about the tough stuff in native land. The poverty and alcoholism and.........(I just went off about those things a little ways up in this same thread), but I think sometimes we need to remember the good stuff and honor that good stuff. Such as exactly what I just mentioned. People taking good care of people.It is also a strong quality I found in your communities and families.
Anyway-ya T Tiger I can see the stories unfold too now and understand why you enjoy doing what you do.
Could you imagine the lessons that we could learn about ourselves if this kind of history was included in our schools?!!!Hello! I am probably NOT the first to ask that huh? Lol.
My point is...it was goot reading.
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook