Thread: proper time
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Iowa_Boy
HUUUUUUUUUH!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalkins4052 View Post
Thanks but as I said my grandfather who roach me passed. Years ago so the only tie I have to our traditions was him. I am smart enough to know if people are making things up. Not asking for specifics just general idea. In any case do you know of an "elder" that is willing to share? I don't mainly b/c I am not full blood. Everyone I know gives me what the "Boy Scouts" have told them, not sure if their facts are 100%.
The question is, what tribe are you? what are their traditions? If you are kiowa, then do kiowa things, if you are dakota, don't do kiowa things. If you are that far removed from your people than there are bigger issues that when to roach your child. If you are doing this, then re-connect or connect with your culture before doing this.

You should not be speaking to some random elder, you should be taking to an elder of your people. Why put the effort into roaching a child when you probably are doing everything else wrong anyway?
Iowa_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook