Thread: proper time
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
mcalkins4052
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
mcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond reputemcalkins4052 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
And it, probably, isn't.

I wouldn't pretend to have the ability to determine, in a vacuum, anything related to the topic.

All I have is my own experience and the ability to report that I was old enough because it has been somewhere around thirty years and I still remember.

Lots of things have made me reconsider who I am, how I feel, my place in Native society, destiny, elitism, what matters, what doesn't, etc.

But the MOMENT was pure and I remember it, vividly.

Isn't that all anyone can ask for?

True that, I have never forgot being at grandma little birds pow wow completly unaware that the whole pow wow knew that I had reached man hood, and that it was the day to mark it offical. It was great my mom and godfather behind me during the cerimony and my new grass dance regelia that 6 people worked on for me. Thats what I want for my son just the moment and how important it is.
mcalkins4052 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook