View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
First thing is to consider how much of the outfit you will be making, then how much the materials are going to cost you then figure out how long it will take you to make it and what level of difficulty you are going to have doing it. Then figure out how much your talent is worth. Also consider who the family of the child is - as in are they friends or relatives and if so would you give them a discount on the labor.

I know someone who was going to make a adult mens complete outfit, everything sans the roach, for about $1,800. A child is much smaller so the amount of materials and work are scaled down a bit.

Just my 2 cents. I myself am not a beadworker or good at sewing, but my line of work puts me in the same situation of how much to charge after materials. I'm basing the above with how I see my gf's family handle orders for outfits and beadwork.
So what is defined as a 'complete' Men's Traditional outfit?

Just in case I win the lotto. LOL

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook