View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
skybird5
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Sigh...

The point being charge what the item is worth, not where it came from.

If the market will support $10k, that's what I would charge: unless you're giving the family discount. Then, charge 1/2 of market price.

Make sense?
So now there's a market for grass dance outfits??? Of course that doesn't MAKE any sense at all when talking about making POW WOW regalia!

As an artist who makes regalia (i.e, beading/sewing/etc.) I believe that a person must first account for the cost of the materials and then add that to the TIME involved n put a price on the AMOUNT of hours needed to complete a project...$10-15.00 an hour is what I generally use, then if I have to create a design, I also add in a factor for that which accounts for the time, creativity and materials (pens, pencils, graph paper, computer)needed to MAKE the design. I combine all that info into a price AND then give consideration to WHO I'm making it for (friend price, discount, etc). I also ASK the people I'm making something for, HOW MUCH DID THEY PLAN TO PAY??? If they only want to spend $250 on an outfit, I'm sure not gonna charge them $600. Some of this is just plain common sense...
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook