View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
standnbear
gourd dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
standnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond reputestandnbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Gourd dancing is a highly personal dance, Its not for the spectators nor the other dancers its for you.
The songs are very powerfull and for a time can take away your pain and life's issues. You forget its hot and that your tired all of those go away when you are dancing.
So for some they like to just stand and barely move, singing along with the singers.
Others like to move around getting those blessings in the arena...
Still others dance for those that can't dance any longer.

But the most special time is when the song is particular powerfull you will see some bounce off the ground both feet not touching the ground and war whoops all around you making your heart soar with the song!! But that is usually down in Gourd Dance Country in around Carnegie Oklahoma July 2nd 3rd and 4th... Those are special days!!!
Need to see if I can get down there, Don Stroud invited me a couple years ago but I never seem to have the time or money.
standnbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook