Thread: We are Chiefs
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
rezrazed
Banned

Items Tree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered Cheroke View Post
Ahh...
/
/
/
/
Yeah... I have a problem with that, too, and even now, I'm questioning my own involvement with that. I unsubscribed from both of my drumming magazines that I get in the mail because I am put off by exactly what you stated about their lifestyle and the increasingly Christian views I'm seeing from the Jazz Snobs, and I have found a way out of western music, but I'm just now learning it.

I might even go so far as to ask, "What moral right does the United States of America have to exist, since it was based on theft of everything from the Native Americans?" I'm considering opening another thread about money that discusses the very weak link in the white world and what this might mean for Natives trying to reclaim the continent once a president signs the same document that Gorbachev signed, ending the USSR. It brings up all kinds of questions about the survival of "former federally-recognized tribes" - do they then become "state-recognized tribes," or is it everyone for themselves when American rule of law no longer exist at the federal level?

But, please keep in mind that these band mates might be willing to support the Native American cause once they realize it's over and the opportunity arises to end it and return us back to a sane, sustainable way of life.

If ANYTHING, all whites need to be taught the native ways of living in order to prevent the possibility of us losing Earth entirely and ending up like Mars or the moon. Things wouldn't be so bad if whites had never lost their European Tribal ways and stayed close to home.

this is what we are faced with, RIGHT NOW. Perhaps, I should consider some sort of "Native European" program to help them deculturate as modern Christians and revert back to pre-Christian Tribal ways, hopefully with some modifications.

Pardon me for saying so but this just sounds very unrealistic. If and when the US, looses power it will not be to return properties, rights, etc back to the Natives, but it will instead, lose power to the Global level of authority, ie: UN, and/or EU. To think any other way is just delusional.

the problem with people spitting complaints about another religion is first and foremost, childish and chicken, the second is it is usually tainted by bitterness and bias, or just plain ignorance. I would venture to ask, would you be put off if your drumm magazines were to promote the increasingly neo-pagan, or Wiccan lifestyle and views within it's pages? I have come to find that so many a folk complain about Christians and Christianinty on this site, with the same ignorance of it, as those who puke up the romanticized Hollywood trash about Native life and ways and customs. And I'm sure from someone on here, I will hear, "Well, I used to be a Christian, but ..." Sorry if you left the Christ of Christianity in the church you left, you weren't a Christian in the first place. Your parents may have made you go, but that don't make you a Christian, anymore than a relative 7 generations back with a trace of Native blood, makes you an NDN.

Just my opinon, ...and I guess, "Game on."
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook