Thread: We are Chiefs
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
rezrazed
Banned

Items Tree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Ok folks, please try and respect that there are many people on here that practise organized religion or have belief systems that are not straight out of a book. The next post that takes a shot at any religion without authorities, citations or references will get this thread locked up. We clear?
Yes Ma'am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafdrummer View Post
That WAS the question
To be more precise the question was would you continue with your drum magazine subscription if the Wiccan or New Aged or Neo-Pagan lifestyle was promoted, not if they were a bloody religion. Which then again ask the question, where is your stance on Extreme Islam? Or Buddhist monks who attack other religious houses of worship? http://transcurrents.com/news-views/archives/11589

The point being when you point the finger at one you can point the finger at all, even Americans forget about Timothy McVeigh. Still not the shiningest example of a Christian, if you ask me.
As a musician myself, and one who makes a pretty decent second income off of it, I can tell you that the industry is alson NOT increasing it's Christian values, but more and more increasing in secular humanism. If you mag is increasing in Christian values, it might be because you subscribe to Christian Drummer.

Quote:
As for the history you quoted, I assumed you knew that.
You mean you don't remember this stuff from grade school? I'll admit, an encyclopedia did help with the exact dates, but I thought the rest was common knowledge.

Quote:
"If you are referring to the fact that more wars have been fought or started in the "name of god" true! but I would hardly call those folks Christian. I mean, is Hilter really a good example of Christ? Did he REALLY love his brother? I think not." So, the question becomes, "Who is really the Christian in this hypothetical group of 1,000 people standing around me, say at 11:30 on February 23, 2012?" Is it those who say that LGBT is an abomination of people who should not exist, or is it those who say that these people are an intentional creation of the Apportioner, along with everyone else?" I think the Christian that is in power of a particular sect, denomination, or splinter group is one who belongs to the largest group of Christians that think alike. Look at what happened when the Puritan Parliament came to power - Christmas was banned, and in Colonial America, Christmas was banned by similar people in 1659. If you brought a Puritan from the past and brought him here to observe what happens at Christmas time, explain the technology, and then asked him, "Do you believe these people are true Christians?" He would probably say no. The question I have is, is there a record of particular Christian denominations having changed position on various things 200-400 years apart? One of these is the inclusion of openly LGBT people in the congregations today. If you went back in time and asked them 300 years ago (if the denomination was in existence by then), would they have accepted LGBT people? If not, would that mean if the people from 300 years ago were brought to the future of the church they were in, would they then kick out the current Christians for supporting LGBT rights? Does that mean in the eyes of centuries ago, today's people are not Christians?
I think the problem that you have here is that you like so many others don't understand that there are Christians and there are christians. Little c christians are the one who the media loves to portray as the majority. The protest funerals for soldiers, and tells everyone that God hates them, and they are all gonna burn in hell, except them of course. then there are Christians, big C, they are the majority, and the silenced majority at that. They are the ones that believes homosexuality is wrong, but KNOWS, their sins before God stand out just as much as the LBGT's does. They are also the ones who know what tolerence, (as taught in the bible) truly is, and what it is not. And for some of us who were raised up with both ways (Native and Christian) we KNOW the good the good Christians do, when they help to better lives on the Rez. Care enough to bring missionary groups to help better lives, people and a community. Feed the hungry, clothe the naked and bring relief to the widow. If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. Isaiah 58:10
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me. Matthew 25:35-40

Do you know how many of us have been on the receiving end of this, and on the giving end? To come on here and spout hatred out of your mouth about Christians is to say the least insulting, and typical for the New Agers and Wannabe, it's also just jumping on the global band wagon. I'd ask you just as I ask everyone else. Would you DARE to say anything about extreme Islam? I think not!

Quote:
"So then I ask are all NDN's drunk, wife beating, deadbeat lowlifes because one might be?" I don't know where you got that idea. Of course, I know that not all Christians are like that,
But that IS the VEMON that came out of your mouth.

Quote:
What I see happening is that there is this sometimes imperceptible, gradual change in what makes a Christian a Christian, and it appears to be weakening in places, little by little.
And you would be correct for those who have no clue about what Christianity is, and for those who think they know what Christianity should be. BUT and this is a VERY big BUT, (I like big butts and I can not lie... sorry Flashback,)Christians, BIG C Christians, know what they believe, and there is no need for change because they got the answer from the author of all things. The only thing they need to change, is themselves, not their belief system.

Quote:
Rezrazed, I realize that we have different views on this. Let's leave it at that.
I can totally leave it at that, I just corrected some ill thought rants about a particular group/clan/culture/religion from someone who was claiming that their group/clan/culture/religion was being attack by another.
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook