View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #798
AmigoKumeyaay
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Sounds like someone seriously tipped over your Cheerios. I am here to listen fist, learn and understand.... my skin is white...so white I burn in 15 minutes in the sun, eyes green, hair blond... but I have roots(not my hair) that I respect. Please do not lump all people who look white as being the same... I do research, genealogy and that is how I got here. I would agree I am pigmently challenged, but the heart it good, peace.

This plays out in BOTH directions at some, but not all powwows.

Way too many NON-Indians show up like it is Halloween, and they want to play Native. Fake Native. The real Natives have every right to engage these persons...diplomatically...or IN THEIR FACE.

Now, the other end of this is Judgemental behavior, where certain persons will behave not so diplomatic. Not always fair, but after decades of Rejection by mainstream society, the powwow can be perfect setting for "payback" especially if on a Rez. Not everybody Plays Well With Others,

This is your TIMEX time, just take the licks and keep on ticking. Only people who know of your background, and are willing to accept you into their circle, will give you respect.

Most people will judge by appearance, such is life in USA, the home of racial strife. After the powwow, you remember the drums, and singing, take that on your path. Anything else not worth carrying.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook