View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #48
rezrazed
Banned

Items Tree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
"Yes."

Some of that is not precisely accurate and more than a bit is sensationalized. (Does the original author feel the same way about the Selective Service System?)

But here's the big question: Are you prepared to renounce your Social Security benefit in exchange for not paying for it in taxation?

If the answer is "no," there's little point in whining.

You never disappoint Zeke. Like I knew the first person to comment would be you. lol The wrangler to the end. lol

To answer your question, you and I both know that it's not even possible. For two reasons
1. It comes from your paycheck in taxes, therefore, the US Government makes sure you put in for it.
2. It's 85% taxable, therefore the US Government will make sure you take it, so they can tax it.

No more paper checks means they set up a bank account for you if you don't have one. If you refuse to touch it, you are still taxed on it. If you accrue too much of it, then they fine you, and get their fair share, and then some, and on and on.

As the saying goes, there are only two things in life that are guaranteed, death and taxes.
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook