View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
RestlessN8iv
Agent of Chaos

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by comadre View Post
"I" am the Indian representative for the whole Indian nation! cuz don't you know that ~well....there's only one big one you know(sarcasm). I actually had an anthropologist offer me a lot of money if I would be willing to claim him so he could get into a closed ceremony. When I explained the ceremony was someone's "private family event" he then went on to explain the symbolism and the roles of my own child's community. sheeeesh.

but to list the absurdity I just experienced recently ~

We have a "professional" person who comes into our home to work with our child. That person came into my home at a time that was unexpected and witnessed something of cultural significance that used cultural "items" if you will.She wanted to use this item with my child. I explained to her that "women do not do this."
Sadly~ she screamed discrimination and threatened a complaint because .....I offended her.

And then~ I love this one!
When my hubby mentioned the gender roles played out in our own home, a non native counselor (who attended a native retreat of some sort??)uses an example of raising a teepee to educate my hubby on his own gender role. Good God Almighty! My hubby does not come from a people that raise tee pees! ROFLOL!
we fired him.

I'll stop here for now.
It is ironic. American Indian tribes are probably the most studied race cultures etc. On the planet and people still get it wrong half the time.

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
- Me
RestlessN8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook