View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
It's not that I really care, and I am not calling anyone out, but there was a thread recently wherein some Native got ticked because an advanced matriarchal society was implied by someone. In this thread, a Native is ticked because a matriarchal society is NOT accepted by someone.

IRONY.

What I know is that I learn more about us by how we relate amongst ourselves than anything else.

And, Native women are violent. For me, things never work out with them. Probably, because I make them that way?
That was me.

It wasn't the issue of it being a matriarchal society it was the assumption by the OP that it somehow equated to a European/western mode of feminism. I think where you might be getting confused as to irony is that I argued that while matriarchal systems are women driven, they are not anywhere close to a form of feminism. They are what they are... no need to put a European label on them. Now the question is, are there any actual Matriarchal societies or are they simply a system of inheritance/ownership that flows through the women? I would say they are the latter and touted by Europeans as a "society" as they had no actual reference point in their own culture to liken the female inheritance/ownership modes they first saw with some of our nations. All the then Europeans had for any small reference was feminine pagan rituals and so-called witchcraft (recall if you will that the 1400-1600s were rife with anti-female Church beliefs - which would have flowed down to North American explorer's own beliefs and reference points.)

Section 8, please extend an invitation to this "expert" to come on up here to Canuckistan and meet my people... who are very matriarchal...lol
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook