Thread: 1/64 indian?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #45
Mayhem
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond reputeMayhem has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locus Solus View Post
I hope it's not too late to add my .02. I've been going to powwows and doing my best to absorb what Native America will allow me to for 20 years and I'm 1/32 Choctaw (enrolled, the whole bit) from a large white family that, like the original poster only sort of get it. When we found out, we underwent some sort of renaissance that really left me scratching my head.
All of a sudden I had aunts and uncles trying to tell me about buffalo and eagles and flashing their "Indian Card" and I'm too tired of trying to tell them that with their exploitive attitude the only thing they have in common with their Aboriginal forefathers is being the last in a long line of monetarily poor people from Oklahoma with regular names that lived in houses and not Bull Face in a Tipi. They didn't care to learn the language even though it's offered free, and they were hearing nothing of playing stick ball. But who wants to listen to a 13 year old anyways?
Good Job! Take the money that could have gone to a poor rezrazed kid that could have gone back and helped his tribe.

And you're twice as much as 1/64th.

Note: If you read the original post before it was edited, the 2 cents was this guy/girl was raised white, took Indian College Fund money to get educated...and stayed white.

Ban me or jump on me, but this is the kind of stuff I was jumped on for stating my opinion.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook