canavajo
Native Illuzionz-My Biz

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
canavajo is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafToniB View Post
I am not sure 1/64 of your bloodline. That puzzle me on this. Usually it is always 1/2 or 3/4 or 1/4 or 1/6 of your bloodline.

So you are trying to be Indian as romantic (like dreaming to become one). You don't know much about Native tradition (culture) if you are talking about something that does not sound right. Maybe a little bit if you heard someone say to you about Cherokee tradition.

There are roll names on the Dawes Rolls that you can check it out. If the person was enrolled into the reservation in Oklahoma or back in the east of the coast where they came from before the Trails of Tears. My great grandmother was Cherokee and she was not happy to walked on the long trail to Oklahoma so she escaped into the mountains. She suffered badly. We don't like roll names on the Dawes Rolls as if we were animals, not human. But that is only way to check that out and you might find your ancestor in it. I wish you luck finding what you are looking for either on the computer or asking about looking into Dawes Rolls.
////
Cherokee enrollees can claim as low as 1/132.

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.
canavajo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook