Thread: 1/64 indian?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #58
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locus Solus View Post
I'd kind of like to know what it is regarding the blood quantum minimum that would lead a tribal government to their criteria. Is it:
-Sheer Numbers
-Tribal history, movement, and locale (How different is a California Chahta today from an Okla Chahta at the turn of the century from a Mississippi Chahta who Decided to stay back?)
-Likelihood of earlier or more established "mixed blood"
-Having more or less to offer any given # of members
-Sense of honor and pride
-degree of assimilation in any certain direction or the relation the tribes had with the other various people flooding across the continents? Does it vary from tribe to tribe with guidelines set forth by a given Tribal Council in line with consensus of the Tribal Populace?
Or, in one sentence-Why would Choctaw or Cherokee enrollment be so much of a different thing from from Tonkawa, or Tlingit, or Couer D'Alene?
One of the things I find so fascinating about all this is that yes, I may already be 5 generations separated from the first verifiable proof of my Native Genes, but 5 generations is a drop in the bucket from the first people to cross the land bridge over into Alaska.
It's called tribal sovereignty. Self determination is necessary if we are to survive.

As Josiah once pointed out, in all of our creation stories, none have a story about a big migration... none. Think about that...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook