Thread: feast day
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
milehighsalute
Dances With Fat Chicks

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
feast day

sorry, its NOT a pow-wow by any means
......but i recently went back to taos for our feast (san geronimo)......i hadnt been there in years and things have changed....white people....TONS of them.....well i guess they are welcome because they buy frybread at $4 and squash blossoms for $1500 a pop...BUT....as "in tune" as they convince themselves they are of our culture they sure do walk around giving inaccurate descriptions of whats going on and act like they know more about us than we know about ourselves.....not to mention they stand in front of elders, and younger people jumped in front of my mom on shuttle twice to get back to parking lot because "they were in a group"..........and inviting themselves up ladders on top of peoples houses just because they have ladders out....and despite being told at parking lot, entrance, and by numerous signs NO PICTURES....they think its ok to pull out cell phones and take pics anyways...i seen a few get thrown out and they were actually angry thinking the ndns had no right to do so...then one kept correcting me when i described indian bread and indian pies as "native american"...cmon...im NDN i can say indian all i want and so can someone else,..that is NOT the actions of people who respect indians....feast i9s for US not them....if they wanna take pics of indians so bad they should wait till taos pow-wow....i wsnt racist until i came back....but fugg religious freedom i want religious PRIVACY

at least the local hispanic population (which i am also a part of as well as pueblo/ute) knew the drill....if annyone ever plans to go to a pueblo feast they are alot of fun.....but at least hit me up for the rundown on basic manners beforehand.....i would do the same at your events
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook