Thread: feast day
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
AmigoKumeyaay
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
There needs to be a LARGE SIGN at the entrance, and a couple of spokespersons in regalia informing these spectators that this is a cultural/spiritual event with PROTOCOLS.

These people should know they are not attending a rock concert, Seaworld, Disneyland, etc.

Tell these people HOW they will be expected to behave, and show respect to Elders, Veterans, and Tribal Chair/Chiefs, etc.

Charge up front for cameras: $5, $10, $20 etc and say it is going to the Elders lunch or dinner fund, or a tribal child development/health/education fund.

Each event should have a defined CULTURAL LIAISON person that attendees can talk in person with, and get matters set straight from the git-go.

Last night at the Chumash Powwow, a Hippie couple told me they were waiting for the "Free Dance" where anybody could enter. I knew they were describing an Inter-tribal dance, but I just nodded.

They were in their early 60's but the wife got in the circle later on and was absolutely jammin' like a white hippie woman warrior, and ON THE BEAT. Good for her!

Other than that, they were quiet and enjoyed watching everything, except the husband trying to give me filming tips LOL, but I just smiled and nodded.

Last edited by AmigoKumeyaay; 10-11-2012 at 08:52 AM..
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook