Thread: Hopi Prophecies
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #42
milehighsalute
Dances With Fat Chicks

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
ok....lemme make myself clear.....i TRIED explaining it to him, he just ignored my explanation and kept asking

the hopi's really started getting attention when they started refusing the draft during ww2 & korea even getting themselves locked up....because they ARE a peaceful people...then the beatnik/hippie movement came along and then vietnam where once again they opposed the draft but now had many like-minded people paying attention

so naturally some exploiters namely a robert "morningsky" (made up name), a quarterblood who never lived on the rez started getting himself paid to speak at seminars and such.....and the hopi elders did NOT like it......and of course after that floods of white people came along holding seminars and teaching "hopi beliefs" for a price of course....and making up it was word of certain elders either non-existant or taken advantage of

as a half taos (with jemez stepdad and hopi/zuni ex-ol lady) i been to quite a few pueblos for feast or dances...like i said if its anything thats truly religious most pueblos close gates to rez and post tribal cops at entrance....hopi is no different

religion is a very private matter with SW injuns.....most of us do NOT share it...i was talking to some sioux friends who wish that they didnt share sweats/yuwipis with non-sioux so long ago because that opens the door to the twinkieism you see today....so long story short most other pueblos learned thier lesson from the hopi....i would like to see mr smooth operator go to navajo-land and ask around about snakes and all thier taboos.....or the tiny spanish towns and ask about penitentes and what they do in moradas...or to ask a bunch of questions about the ga'an in apache-land..he will get the same response.....SILENCE...then eventually told to look elsewhere

i maintain my position....pueblos do NOT discuss religion PERIOD with outsiders....and if your an outsidr you either already know the answers OR you know better than to ask
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook