View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
wyo_rose
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Really? WebMD and harvard.edu aren't to be believed??

Your post went downhill from the medical astrology line...does that have any scientific basis whatsoever??

I've mentioned this before, if you searched through the handful of diabetes threads here - my dad suffered and died from complications of diabetes all while following the ADA's recommendations at the time, and they haven't changed much.

They don't seem to think that Americans can bite the bullet and cut carbs out of their diets, which would hurt the Department of Agriculture as well. So their spiel is to that you can go ahead and eat carbs, just shoot yourself up with more insulin.

Other experience with diabetes: my mother was borderline diabetic and controlled it with diet and exercise, my older brother is suffering from years of diabetes and denial. My young neighbor refused to treat her diabetes and soon went into a diabetic coma and died. I know a hundred diabetics personally....some who control it with diet and exercise, some who take meds, shots, or totally go against all medical advise and suffer the consequences.

Although I am overweight, my blood sugar levels (and cholesterol, I might add) are great...as I hardly ever eat any high carb foods.

Here's another great article..however outdated it may seem.
http://www.menshealth.com/health/cure-diabetes

Check out websites and books regarding low carb and diabetes: Atkins, Protein Power, and Marks Daily Apple for going Paleo. I have a good friend who is losing weight and lowering insulin meds from eating Paleo and doing Crossfit.

Other experiences with diabetes I would like to forget - seeing amputations, blindness, kidney failure, nerve pain, etc...in many friends and family members.