View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #14
docat
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Avoiding diabetes

I am doing without processed foods and going gluten free, Rose, and I really hope this will help me avoid meds for diabetes (type 2). I have to lose my excess weight.

Also, I had gestational diabetes when I was carrying each of my children, so it went away when the baby was born. They gave me insulin to shoot, but I was stupid and not very good at remembering to shoot it or told myself, no biggie, the diabetes goes away, and it did.

Well, my DH passed away due to complications from diabetes. He wasn't in the best control. And then after he died, my 8 year old was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. But her diabetes is different and she is under very good control with a pump and checking blood sugar often. She is at a healthy weight.

So many of my relatives have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, and most need to lose weight like me. Needless to say, the pancreas is not the family favorite organ. YET, I look back in the family history several generations, and many lived long lives, some even faced off small pox--yet, diabetes seems to be the achilles heel in modern times. It makes you wonder what has changed that so very many have diabetes or are at the brink of it, like me.

Thanks for your article!
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook