View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #95
muskrat_skull
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I recently heard something on the news about women being more prone to diseases that are triggered by use of alcohol and also more prone to binge drinking. Along with FAS for pregnant women, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, autoimmune liver disease, fatty liver disease and alcoholic liver disease, brain damage from alcohol toxicity and many other conditions can be triggered by the use of alcohol by people with a genetic predisposition to these conditions. The liver is central to immune response. It is hard for younger people to understand this. Men do not have as much trouble with it, which makes the problem worse, they see the guys do it. For autoimmune liver and systemic disease, 90% of people who get it are women. And women tend to be on the receiving side of abuse from alcoholics, not to say it can't be the other way around.

I think the issue is different for different people, some people have real problems with cravings for alcohol, maybe due to how your body metabolizes sugars and carbohydrates. My family has a hereditary glycogen storage disorder, a metabolic disorder. Everyone's body is different. Its not always simply just a matter of will power, its a matter of education, of your physical makeup, maturity, and how much you care about yourself and your future self.

Of course the stores are set up to make money off Pine Ridge. Isn't this the American way? After all, there should be no regulations, no accountability for business owners, just the free market being free... *sarcasm* I think they should raise the drinking age to 50, because you are supposed to be mature to drink.

Last edited by muskrat_skull; 01-13-2013 at 04:34 PM..
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook