View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #100
Pete walkswithhorse
Listen to the Wind

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Pete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I suppose one liners are okay for some. Me. I feel the need to explain my thoughts a little more rather then try and sum it all up with cute little quips and simple rhetoric. Alcohol is bad medicine for Native American's. The statistics back this claim up. Alcoholism is a serious issue with all human beings. Yet, our culture seems to be grossly afflicted by it. Look at the Eskimo culture. Look at the statistics. Many of which clearly demonstrate a culture in serious decline. Alcohol is merely a stepping stone to far more harmful drugs and far more greater problems like spousal abuse. Yet, many just act oblivious to its deleterious affects. Even ignorant. Its bad enough that our ancestors were duped into taking this bad medicine, now we must deal with present day tribes and nations, all with serious issues related to and directly stemming from alcohol. This idea its a personal decision is a fallacy. Sure, I can go to the bar and drink a beer and leave. Or I can choose to stay and drink until I am unconscious. Either way, for the typical NA, its bad medicine. Which is why we suffer the most from it and have been since it first made its appearance with the Conquistadors over five hundred years ago. If you drink alcohol, that is your business. When you go into these stores and buy the product, you are doing precisely what they want. Its an addiction supported by these so called beer stores. Many located literally within feet of the res. I think they should not be allowed to sell it anywhere near the res. That's, of course, my opinion.........

horse
Pete walkswithhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook