View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #121
Pete walkswithhorse
Listen to the Wind

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Pete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
1) Decolonize your mind. It is so "white", secular humanist to treat religious stories as myths and metaphors. Do you deny your people's creation story? I doubt there is a land bridge in it.

2) Our culture? I'm not a Cherokee. My people have different ways and a different culture. There is no unified "Native American" culture.

3) Please consider that for those of us who come from cultures where the pipe is sacred, dominant culture "peace pipe" metaphors are offensive.

(I'll forego commenting on weird images conjured by a culture crossing a bridge. )

Now, for the issue at hand. Let's get real. What is suing the beer companies going to solve? Sure they're drawn to supply distributors in White Clay because there is money. The same reason that every few years someone tries to get a referendum repealing the ban on alcohol on the ballot up there.

OST Considers Lifting EtOH Ban

For whatever reason some people have issues with alcohol. But, the responsibility for dealing with this is ultimately personal. This not smallpox. This a spiritual illness, where you do choose to open yourself to that influence. You choose to embrace the false comfort of the substance, rather than face the spiritual failing in your life. Prohibition did not stop addiction, it just made it even more profitable. Addicts will get their fix, with or without White Clay.

Until we address individual responsibility, we can not make headway against this. Money from the beer companies and/or prohibition of sales will not stop it.

The "land bridge" as you called it, did exist. Our people walked across that land bridge thousands of years ago. That fact has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt by both archeologist and paleontologist. Many of whom were NA's themselves. I wasn't attempting to rob you or your people of some cultural fact on where you came from. Further more, I happen to embrace a more modern view of where the native people came from. If that happens to interfere with your beliefs, I cannot help you there.

My sincere apologies to those I may have offended about the "peace pipe remark" Again, I never meant any harm and hope that you will forgive me. horse

I posted some very clear, concise facts about NA's and alcohol. I need not go on and on about it.

horse
Pete walkswithhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook