View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #123
Pete walkswithhorse
Listen to the Wind

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Pete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond reputePete walkswithhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
You write like a white man. I bunch of rhetoric, trying to establish your point with ongoing words, graphs, pictures...blah, blah, blah.

Stop and read the one liners. Zeke says we are held responsible for our own actions. Put a bottle of alcohol is front of a person. Who is responsible for either drinking, or not drinking, from that bottle? You make it sound like the poor NDN is strong enough to make their own decision, when in fact, we are.

Mr. walkswithhorse, you think like a white man.

These are just my opinions. I'm just an old man trying to live today like it's my last. It's a good day to die.

Note: I've been on Pine Ridge. I've been through the streets of White Clay. I've seen people who have been on a week drunk.

I've also seen it in the city and they were white people.

" you think like a white man "

Well that is because I am only part Cherokee and part white. However, I embrace my Cherokee side far more than my white side. Not entirely impossible.

" you write like a white man "

Well that is because I am only part Cherokee and part white. However, I embrace my Cherokee side far more than my white side. Not entirely impossible.

Now that we settled that, lets settle the matter at hand. I have very strong opinions about why liquor should NOT be sold in, around or near reservations. It has allot to do with cultural breakdown. Its easy for many to dismiss this as an individual decision/ choice and that is part of the problem. However, the larger problem is that the liquor is made available right there next to the res. Its inviting and tempting. Which in itself is obviously hard to resist. Personal decisions are not excuses for the problems caused by those natives that drink and have alcoholism. Or get into a wreck and kill someone for example. Does the person(s) killed have a choice? Do they? I strongly oppose alcohol being distributed in any form near a res period. If I haven't made that clear enough then I am sorry. That is my opinion and I have the right to express them in this forum even if I "write and talk" like a white man.

walkswithhorse
Pete walkswithhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook