View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
muskrat_skull
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I can't even begin to comment on this fully, but first off, the wikipedia article you quote has some kind of sketchy sources for its charts, and the chart you are getting your info from is being factually disputed. It is from a private kind of hokey looking website called Bloodbook, that is a private company, not a major university. I could find no info on their sample sizes for the groups they "tested" and the chart actually contains a "Blackfoot" group and then a Native American group that everyone is supposed to fit in, then "Eskimo" and there were other groupings that would probably overlap in most Native American people ancestry if you go far back enough, peoples that may have been joined at some point.

I could find little info on this subject but did find info on the origin of the O bloodtype. The O bloodtype is defined by its lack of sugars, specifically sugar A and sugar B or both in the case of people with AB blood. So A is O with the A sugar.

Its funny but some theories emerging in the scientific communities are that the O blood type emerged as a strain of blood type that is resistent to malaria and as a result of malaria. So basically it might only mean that your ancestors way back were exposed to malaria.

Quote:
Scientists now think malaria may have played a role in the evolution of Type-O blood. Dr. Christine Cserti-Gazdewich, a hematologist at the University of Toronto, considers an emerging theory of universal blood.
The Crazy Evolution of a Universal Blood Type NPR Radio. January 29, 2008 7:00 AM. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=18504473

The above scientist states that we all started as type As, the most "ancient" and "wild type" of blood.

Quote:
So about five million years ago, this mutation pops up called group O. And around that time, and subsequently, group B developed. Group O is actually a non-expression mutation. So A, B and O relate to what kinds of sugars you decorate your cells and secrete into your plasma and other secretions. You're A sugar is something with a messy name called GalNAc of N-acetylgalactosamine. B is galactose. And it turns out that group O is actually a non-sugar or sugar-free status cell.
And as for "the blood type of Gods" blood type study is pretty much centered around links to gorillas and chimpanzees for scientific reasons. http://facstaff.uwa.edu/jmccall/evol..._the_human.htm

I'm not proposing anything here, just saying what is out there going on in "scholarly" study. Blood type is part of the scientific realm, if you were talking about auras, that would be different and I'm not proposing anything there either.

It seems people can change blood type to O.
Quote:
Almost always, an individual has the same blood group for life, but very rarely an individual's blood type changes through addition or suppression of an antigen in infection, malignancy, or autoimmune disease.[5][6][7][8] Another more common cause in blood type change is a bone marrow transplant. Bone-marrow transplants are performed for many leukemias and lymphomas, among other diseases. If a person receives bone marrow from someone who is a different ABO type (e.g., a type A patient receives a type O bone marrow), the patient's blood type will eventually convert to the donor's type.

Some blood types are associated with inheritance of other diseases; for example, the Kell antigen is sometimes associated with McLeod syndrome.[9] Certain blood types may affect susceptibility to infections, an example being the resistance to specific malaria species seen in individuals lacking the Duffy antigen.[10] The Duffy antigen, presumably as a result of natural selection, is less common in ethnic groups from areas with a high incidence of malaria.[11]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

The idea of race and skin color or blood type as racial identifiers isn't so good an idea as these things vary and don't reflect a person's true identity. to suggest some people are more "godly" or "divine" because of their bloodtype is very frightening to me, reminding me of the Nazis. The chimp gorrilla thing is equally frightening to me . But I hope you find the first article and info interesting, malaria is a warm climate disease. This might impact that whole Bering Strait theory as well.
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook