View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
docat
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wow, you almost need a college degree in nutrition to eat these days.

I don't know about toxins or any of those things, but I have found that if I don't eat European introduced food, I feel better, lose weight (still losing!) and I'm not cranky or hungry or having bad blood sugars.

I still have carbs. I eat a lot of green corn. I live in FL and it is fresh around here all year round. So I'm not cutting back on carbs. I also make hominy and corn cakes and such. But there is something in wheat flour and some other flours that A/ Makes my blood sugars go wild, B/ makes me unnaturally crave more, C/ makes me sick feeling and the rest sounds like the side effects disclaimer on a fancy new drug commercial.

I also still have sweets. I have fresh or home dried fruit, and I have maple sugar (within reason). No other sugars or sweeteners. If something tastes funny with maple sugar, I probably wasn't meant to eat it anyway.

I found a place where I can buy grass fed buffalo meat. YUMMM! I also have fresh fish and turkey...greens of all kinds and veggies and lovely wild rice.

I don't know if there are toxins in those things. One time I was going to make a bark tea and I was warned not to because there had been mining in the area a hundred years ago and earth elements might have leached into the tree. Oops...I had made bark tea for many years in those woods.

I heard of organic spinach being recalled at one time because some natural fertilizer had tainted the plants. So you can't go by the word "natural" because arsenic is natural. You can't go by organic because a lot of things bad for you are organic too.

If a diet like that of your ancestors works for you, then I'd say it probably works for a reason. Your constitution wasn't meant for wheat and sugar and hamburger helper and red dye number 3.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I have consistantly lost weight on my pre-1492 diet and I am feeling like I am much younger than my age. I suspect I will stop losing weight when I get to about where I'm supposed to be.

It does take meal planning though. I was already a bit of a meal planner because so many diabetics in the family. And it all takes some prep time. But I gotta say, this food tastes way better than European food. Even if it weren't making me feel this great, I'd want to eat this food.

I guess I have to just hope that it isn't toxic.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook