View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
docat
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I'm so glad you are enjoying beading. It really does calm you. It can make time go by quickly though. I can sit down and look at the clock and wonder where the time went.

There are so many techniques of beading too. Sometimes if I want to do peyote stitch, all that is needed is a tiny tin box of beads and my threaded needle. You can do that just about anywhere (just don't drive...it wouldn't work there. LOL) I am working bias stitch now, the sort of beading that is a lot like finger weaving to make chokers and hair strings. I have my beads in a small box, a clipboard and a little masking tape. That's all you need to work the warped threads.

Then for loom beading and heddle beading, you need more equipment, but most of it if not all of it, you can make yourself. If you are sewing on fabric, you just need that along with your beads and thread. Beading is portable, so you can take it outside, sit in the shade or enjoy the sun.

I'm so glad you discovered how to use natural elements in your beading. I once saw a book at the library that was loaded with beautiful pieces with bits of found things, stuff you'd throw away, and these elements, which you would naturally overlook, were the most celebrated parts of the piece.

So you see, it really is a matter of perspective, and beading seems to help you see things in a different way. You are going to really enjoy seeing the things you can create take form!
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook