View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgreen View Post
Hey everyone , im trying to figure a way for the bells on the leather that is reliable and wont fall off after a grand entry.. ive tried many different ways but nothing so far holds up that well , any input will be appreciated... AHO Wanishi
I have also tried many different methods to attach bells to leather. My current set I have used for about 5 years now and still holding strong. I purchased a set of bells that are attached with rivets instead of strap. But I have found that rivets are tricky also. Although the rivets are made of a soft metal, leather is even softer! So when you pull them during the installation of the bell they will sometimes cause a slight tear or elongate the hole in the leather. But if you use a thin washer under the head of the rivet it will stabalize that hole better, just make sure you use a washer that is the same dimension of the rivet and fits tightly.
I have used sinew and although that works for a while they will wear through and you will drop a bell.

But if you do not want to buy another set of bells because they are the strap kind then use a cotter pin to attach them. What I do is cut a slot in the leather so that the back of the bell sticks through and then slip a cotter pin to pin it. I glue some backing over the pins so that they don't chafe your leggins and dance with your bad self LoL...
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook