View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #47
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post
I concur with Elo Janis. Powwows used to be fun. But it has turned into a place of trolls and thugs, and now I see why so many belong and so few show up. It's become a questionable use of my time.

That last sentence that Elo Janis writes should make every Indian here think.
Why do I always want to say 'doe cat'? lol

This is in no way argumentative. I would like to say a few words on this sentence.

I agree. "Powwows used to be fun". In the 9+ years I've been coming to this site, I've made new friends, reacquainted with old friends from the powwows trail. Learned many new craft ideas and shared some of my ideas.

There were people like WhoMe, who would start a thread that would make you think hard before you wrote. There was badmaninc, Brown-Eyed Gurl and Colonah C, who you could find in the NeverEnding Game thread at any time of day or night. There was Ruthless, who could keep you laughing with her wit and charm. There was ojibwaysweetie who would shared her knowledge of the jingle dress, as much as she could. There was powwowbum49, who makes some of the best roaches in the land, sharing a wealth of information on outfit making. Many a person has used many of his tutorials he has shared with us here. There was, and still is, our very own wyo_rose, who has shared sooo much with all of us during the years. We have the likes of Furiosly Fancy, who could come up with games that would last 200-300 posts long. We'd come on here to see if anyone had solved his riddle. hahaaa People like yaahl, lbgood, wardancer, and even our own Zeke.

I could go on for hours of the people who have come and gone that made this a great site. People like Angel Feather, nt_inuk (Hmmmm), the sweet and beautiful middle of the sky. People like stillrezin, ntown native, Lisa Ironmaker, and of course, the most important powwows.commer, Paul G. Without his foresight of creating a website to bring those of, and those interested, the Native culture, we would not be here discussing misunderstandings.

The one thing, the one thread, all the people mentioned have, is the love to powwow. From Morongo in the Southwest to Schemitzin in the Northeast. From Omak in the Northwest to the Seminole powwow in the southeast. These are people who have braved the elements (it gets cold as heck sleeping in a tent in Arlee. lol), who have driven hours, sometimes days, to powwow. Who have spent countless hours making outfits to powwow. Who have shared feathers, beadwork, buckskin, etc. because their love to powwow.

Why are these people not here any more? Evolution of life, evolution of powwows.com? Who knows? I'm not so sure this has become a site of trolls and thugs. I'm thinking it's more of a site where people think camping is 'staying at the Holiday Inn'.

So you see docat, I (and I'm sure many others who have been on here 8, 9 , 10+ years) will agree with your statement.

"Powwows used to be fun".

Note: No wild animals like lbgood, Toolbox or Grits & Beans have been harmed in writing this post. They do enough of that to each other in the 'Redhorse Cafe' thread!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook